Fruits are healthy foods rich in vitamin A and C. They prevent heart diseases, stroke and eye defects. Personally i know people who do not enjoy taking fruits and will not be caught dead purchasing them. What we dont seem to realise, apart from water being healthy, fruits are also healthy. They flush out the system, cleanse the internal organs and improve mental health.
Fruits have the power to heal wounds quicker than any drug, a doctor will recomend. I’ll drop some of the benefits of our some popular local fruits, you can get them in local markets and street fruit vendors. Hopefully, after reading this article, you would stop at the closest fruit shop and purchase some fruits.
- APPLES ( Malus pumila) : Apples contain antioxidants ( substances that protect the body) which lowers chances of diabetes. You may think you are too young to be diabetic, which is not always the case.
2. AVOCADOS ( Persea americana) : They contain monounsaturated fats that are not harmful to the body, unlike the saturated fats, we purchase from the market
3. BANANAS ( Musa): They also help to lower blood pressure
4. GRAPES ( Vitis vinifera): Grapes contain antioxidant that lowers the risk of blood clots, and stops the spread of breast and colon cancer cells.
5. MANGOES ( Mangifera indica) : Mangoes contain Zeaxanthin, which protects the eyes and reduces blindness in adults.
6. ORANGES ( Citrus sinensis): Oranges are good source of folate ( it helps bowel movement) and prevents defects in infants and pregnant women.
7.PAW PAW ( Carica papaya): Rich in vitamin A and C, the high vitamin A content aids maintaining the health of the skin. Also the black seeds are edible ( i eat it alot), and can be used as a substitute for black pepper.
8. PINEAPPLE ( Ananas comosus): Pineapple aids digestion and also speeds up wound healing process. On another note, pineapple is a good tenderizer for meat.
9. TOMATO ( Solanum lycopersicum): The best source of Lycopene that reduces cholesterol, and protects against prostrate cancer.
10. WATER MELON ( Citrullus lanatus): Water melon is 92% water, and a great addition to help weight loss.